- The Latest Issue (Nov 21, 2013) of our newsletter “The Voice of Broadband” is available for download
- Global Survey Confirms Smart Home Services Key to New Revenue Opportunities for Broadband Operators
- Do we really need Gigabit Broadband Speeds? Eventually.
- Is VDSL2 Vectoring Destroying the FTTH Business Case?
- The Cable Show 2013: Too Legit To Quit
- By: Medical Jobs
- Ernie Johnston on Do we really need Gigabit Broadband Speeds? Eventually.
- PSTN Abandonment: Is it happening? - Best Phone System on Verizon Getting Aggressive with Copper Plant Shutdown
- eamonn on The Fixed versus Mobile Condundrum – Part II
- Alcatel-Lucent ayuda a los operadores a optimizar sus redes - On Digital Magazine on Demand for VDSL2 Vectoring Expected to Be Significant
- mathewpb on Global Survey Confirms Telcos Embracing VDSL2 Vectoring
December 2013 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: video
The 2013 NTCA Cable Show opened up with MC Hammer performing 2 Legit 2 Quit and while it was entertaining to most (except the gentleman sitting next to me with his fingers in his ears) the message was clear – … Continue reading
North American Telco operators struggle to gain fixed broadband subscribers endures as cable operators continue to capture a larger share of the market through faster speeds and better bundles. During 3Q12, cable operators outpaced Telco (DSL + FTTx) by 7:1 in … Continue reading
Liberty Global announced the long awaited launch of its Horizon TV product. Using the tag-line of “Endless TV” – the product takes the television experience to a new level by bringing together traditional broadcast TV along with online/on-demand content as well … Continue reading
There remain a few operators that have not reported for 2Q12, but early estimates indicate that Asia Pacific finally edged out EMEA for the most Telco TV subscribers in 2Q12. Global Telco TV subscribers are estimated at 67.2 million, representing … Continue reading
The second quarter of the year proves to be challenging quarter for Pay-TV operators, and 2Q12 was no exception, as subscriber declines hit their highest levels to date. U.S. Pay-TV operators (MSOs, Satellite, Telco) lost a combined 364,000 subscribers. Although, “typical seasonality” … Continue reading
Google Fiber formally announced the upcoming launch of its 1Gb/s fiber-based broadband services for Kansas City with additional details of the service, the devices and the pricing, along with more information on its Google Fiber TV product. The lucky folks that … Continue reading
According to reports in the Italia media, Fastweb is said to be shuttering its IPTV service by November due to declining subscribership – a trend that is affecting a number of pay-TV providers within Italy. Fastweb was a pioneer with its … Continue reading
Momentum continues to build in the Telco TV space as subscribers grew 9 percent quarter-over-quarter to exceed 65 million in 1Q12. EMEA continues to represent the largest Telco TV region, with 43% of total subscribers, followed by Asia Pacific with … Continue reading
Data for 1Q12 is in for just about every operators in North America. So how did the quarter shape up? Here are the highlights: Total Fixed Broadband Subscribers were just under 101 million Cable represents 55 percent of subscribers, while Telco … Continue reading
On March 15, 2012, Cisco announced its plans to acquire NDS Group – a leading provider of Conditional Access & Digital Rights Management, as well as Software and Services for the digital Pay-TV market. The deal is valued at approximately $5 billion. The acquisition provides … Continue reading