- The Latest Issue (Nov 21, 2013) of our newsletter “The Voice of Broadband” is available for download
- Global Survey Confirms Smart Home Services Key to New Revenue Opportunities for Broadband Operators
- Do we really need Gigabit Broadband Speeds? Eventually.
- Is VDSL2 Vectoring Destroying the FTTH Business Case?
- The Cable Show 2013: Too Legit To Quit
- By: Medical Jobs
- Ernie Johnston on Do we really need Gigabit Broadband Speeds? Eventually.
- PSTN Abandonment: Is it happening? - Best Phone System on Verizon Getting Aggressive with Copper Plant Shutdown
- eamonn on The Fixed versus Mobile Condundrum – Part II
- Alcatel-Lucent ayuda a los operadores a optimizar sus redes - On Digital Magazine on Demand for VDSL2 Vectoring Expected to Be Significant
- mathewpb on Global Survey Confirms Telcos Embracing VDSL2 Vectoring
December 2013 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Trends
The 2013 NTCA Cable Show opened up with MC Hammer performing 2 Legit 2 Quit and while it was entertaining to most (except the gentleman sitting next to me with his fingers in his ears) the message was clear – … Continue reading
New Year, New You! CES provides the perfect venue for companies to introduce new products aimed at Health and Fitness. As someone who has been a certified fitness professional for over a decade – I tend to pay extra attention to … Continue reading
News this past week that growth in LTE is impacting FTTH demand in fiber-rich Japan has definitely raised some red flags as to the future of fixed broadband. During 3Q12, Japan experienced its lowest quarterly demand for FTTH services since … Continue reading
Demand for fixed broadband services slowed across all regions during 2Q12, growing only 1.9% to reach 604 million. North America experienced the slowest growth at 0.45% quarter-over-quarter (its slowest to date), while Asia Pacific experienced the strongest growth of all … Continue reading
On Monday May 7, 2012, AT&T announced plans to launch a home security and automation service called Digital Life – a service that was previously demonstrated at the 2012 Mobile World Congress shown in Barcelona. The service would provide professional … Continue reading
Earlier this week, Verizon and Coinstar announced the formation of a joint venture that will combine Redbox DVD/Blu-ray rentals with video on-demand streaming and download services from Verizon. There were few details provided about the service which is scheduled to be … Continue reading
2012 will prove to be a pivotal year for fixed broadband demand. In some countries, especially those with very robust mobile networks, demand for fixed broadband has started to decline and in those countries where the fixed infrastructure was never … Continue reading
Verizon issued its Top 9 Consumer Technology Trends for 2012. For your convenience, I have pasted them below with a few additional comments: #1: Life Without Borders – Technology is allowing the lines between the different aspects of consumers’ lives … Continue reading